Powered by Max Banner Ads
Let’s keep it simple and go over what you need to do local business email marketing the right way. It is not hard to do and you can quickly get started in just a few steps.
1. You need an autoresponder and for that I suggest Aweber. They are one of the most popular online auto responders.
The service runs around $20 a month and let you follow up with thousands of names and email addresses. It’s very easy to get started with and they offer training on how to use their system.
2. When using an autoresponder you want to build a sign up form and then place the code on every web page you have. If you are promoting your local business properly you will have website visitors coming to your site on pages other than just your home page.
For this reason placing your sign up form on every page gives you a chance to build your mailing list faster. Doing this will help you increase your business as you can follow up with people over a period of time.
3. Offer something free such as a report that gives him valuable information relating to the niche your business is in. This is what will encourage visitors to your website to subscribe to your mailing list. This does not have to be anything real long, but it should include unique information that would make your website visitor want to read it.
4. Set up a few follow up messages in your autoresponder in advance. These only need to be around 200 words in length and should offer helpful information or something your reader would find interesting.
The advantage of having them prewritten is you can schedule them to go out via email in advance and then forget about them. This automates your email marketing campaign and makes following up with new subscribers very easy.
5. Consider publishing a tips newsletter and send it out on a monthly basis. This is an excellent way to maintain contact with your email subscribers and keep your name in front of them. This is also a good way to sell new products as you can promote things directly in the body of your email newsletter.
These are a few of the basics that will help you do local business email marketing more effectively. Placing a sign up form on your web pages when building your list will give you a tremendous competitive advantage in the marketplace as most of your competitors are not doing this.
Please visit our local business website today if you enjoyed this article by Jeff Schuman on local business email marketing. We help small business owners use the internet to grow their business in their local market with local business marketing. Check us out for local business news and updates today.
You´ll Love These Ones Too:
- The Basics Of Email Marketing
- Thinking Of Publishing An E-zine? Check Your Auto-responder First!
- Different Types Of Email Newsletter Software
- How To Quickly Build A List For Email Marketing
- How To Increase Profitability With Email Marketing