Powered by Max Banner Ads
As an internet marketer while sending e-mails to your subscribers you have to choose between proper formatting your newsletter in plain text or HTML. Some experienced marketers who have been sending e-mails for a long period of time, still send their newsletter in plain text. The modern generation of internet marketers prefers to send their newsletters in HTML format as it is much more attractive. In this article we will try to determine advantages and disadvantages of both newsletter formats.
Advantages of HTML newsletter format:
– E-mails are much more attractive to the reader with different graphics, colors and variations in fonts.
– It provides high click through rates.
– You can include some pictures of your products you are selling or promoting into your newsletter.
– You can include different tracking codes in your links that will allow you to estimate the effectiveness of your newsletters.
Advantages of plain text newsletters:
– Newsletters of this formatting have higher delivery rate. A lot of spam filters will put HTML newsletters into the spam folder only due to its format.
– Newsletters in plain text could be read on a computer and on the cell phones that are able to receive e-mails. For sure it is a great advantage of the plain text over the HTML newsletters.
– Personal reference. There are readers who prefer plain text newsletters. It is easy and quick to scan for the information that could be interesting.
– Virus protection. In the majority of cases when e-mails are received in an office computer setting the HTML is deleted to protect against viruses in yr e-mail. It means that for the reader opening your e-mail at work it is better to receive it in plain text.
Disadvantages of HTML newsletter:
– Graphic in your newsletter could not show properly in all e-mail programs
– Newsletters in this format have lower delivery rate because of spam filters.
– As a rule, HTML newsletters have a large size.
Disadvantages of plain text newsletters:
– Traditionally plain text newsletters are the choice of old school marketers. If you choose to use this type of newsletters, it could give you the look and feel of someone who is not keeping up with the time.
– There is no visual appeal. Plain text newsletters are simple looking and you are losing the advantage to use color images and different graphics.
One option that is available in the majority of e-mail programs is to send your broadcast in both formats – plain text format and HTML format. For you as an internet marketer it could mean that you have to spend more time designing and formatting your newsletters, but it could be worth it.
And a final piece of advice – today the online technologies give you a truly unique chance to choose what you need at the best terms which are available on the market. Strange, but most of the people don't use this chance. In real practice it means that you should use all the tools of today to get the info that you need.
Search Google or other search engines. Visit social networks and check the accounts that are relevant to your topic. Go to the niche forums and join the online discussion. All this will help you to build up a true vision of this market. Thus, giving you a real opportunity to make a smart and nicely balanced decision.
And also sign up to the RSS feed on this blog, because we will do the best to keep this blog tuned up to the day with new publications about becoming successful in the email marketing industry and getting great newsletter templates in particular.
You´ll Love These Ones Too:
- How To Make Your Email Newsletter Effective
- Different Types Of Email Newsletter Software
- How To Avoid Email Filters In Your Email Campaign
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Email Newsletter
- Newsletter Could Increase The Traffic To Your Website