Powered by Max Banner Ads
The first things you have to think of when starting a your new blog is what theme templates you will employ to make your blog stand out. When starting a new blog, the initial step is to choose a platform. There are lots of options including WordPress, Typepad and Blogger. Just do a quick search and you will start checking out the various platforms that are available. One of the most popular and versatile is WordPress. There are literally thousands of blogs that utilize this platform. Because it's an Open Source project, it is free of charge.
This article describes exactly how you should choose your WordPress (WP) theme. If you use WP, you are likely to have to choose a theme; this theme is simply a kind of software you use to create your blogger themes. It gives you various options to choose from in order to make the blog look exactly how you want it to. Here are some tips that will help decide which theme you want to pick.
1. Category: The first consideration is the subject of your blog. And this will determine who will be most likely to find interest in your blog. If you choose to write about cats, then your blog would fall under "Pets". Or, if you write about your children and family life, the overall category might be "Parenting". Once you've determined your category, it is easier to decide on a coordinating theme. By spending the time upfront, you'll save yourself lots of work later on. From Humor to Technology and everything in between, there's a WordPress theme available. You can begin by taking a look at WordPress' own theme directory. In addition there are a variety of other websites that offer free WP themes including Daily Blog Tips and themestudio.
2. Layouts and color schemes: There are bloggers who like to personalize their blogs by using their favorite colors. If you have a favorite color, you should try to decide on a theme that matches that color; sometimes it isn't possible to get this done, but there are hundreds of different WP themes to select from. There is another benefit of finding a theme that matches your favorite color, as you won't need to make a lot of changes so that you can make it match. Although you should make sure you are happy with the appearance, you shouldn't spend too much time on this because you can always change it later. You should be concentrating on the layout of the theme better. Choose the layout that you want the most. Make sure you take your time to find a layout that you want best by checking out the themes on the website. This way you will be aware exactly how you want your blog to look and can choose your layout easily. Although electrical power layouts to select from, some of the most used are:
Two Column (With Sidebar)
Two Column (Without Sidebar)
You may also find layouts that are made especially for adding videos and photos. You have to decide on a theme you can look at again and again, as you are going to be the person who sees your blog the first and foremost. Run some experiment pages with different free blog templates if you want. Select a category, comment on it, and decide then if you like the way it looks. This is the only way you are going to know if you've chosen the right theme. Think about being the other person reading your blog and if it would be appealing to them.
3. Reason for your blog: If you know the reason you are posting this blog, it will help you categorize it and decide on a theme. If this sounds like simply an opinion blog or something you are using to write down your thoughts, you won't need to decide so much on the advertisements and other things like widgets. However, if you're writing a helpful blog (like this one), or one to make a profit, you should think about some other aspects to choose what you've already learned. You should think about whether or not you will be able to provide seo, whether or not advertisements will be supported, if you'll be able to use widgets like RSS feeds, Spam Protection, etc., and other things. Once you sign up with WordPress, you will already have default themes to work with. It's not hard to use the default themes, or you can choose one you like better by going to WordPress' free WP themes site or a number of other WP theme sites. Most of these sites are easy to work with and will provide you with the support you deserve.
You´ll Love These Ones Too:
- Using A Free Wp Template Or Paying For One?
- WordPress Is Number One For Bloggin
- Making Money From Your WordPress Blog Is Easy
- Is A Custom Thesis Theme A SEO Friendly Design?
- Download Your Theme